SKINNEED Water Based Serums 40 ml
SAFE FOR PREGNANT AND BREASTFEEDING MOMS
The Skin Need serums are powerful moisture boosters enriched with naturally occurring humectants and emollients to complete the 2-step replenish + seal process.
A total of 8 formulations - categorized into 5 hydration-based and 3 nourishing-based serums - are composed of high concentrations of Hyaluronic Acid and Squalane respectively, with added benefits of other actives to target various skin conditions to provide well-rounded treatments.
Skin hydration is a 2-step process composed of replenish and seal. Replenish involves infusing the skin with humectants that carry hydrophilic properties to bind moisture to the skin, with Hyaluronic Acid as the leading and naturally occurring substance that has the amazing power of holding moisture up to 1000 times of its weight. When the skin is adequately hydrated, the diffusion of other active ingredients into the skin is facilitated and therefore well-hydrated skin also optimizes the efficacy of other products in line.
However, since skin moisture can deplete due to barrier malfunction and evaporate from pores, moisture that has been replenished must be sealed and retained within the skin to allow maximum cellular utilization to maintain a healthy metabolism in order to achieve visually supple and radiant skin that also boasts softness and smoothness when touched. Light-weight, naturally-occurring, and nutrient-packed oils are often used as emollients to serve the purpose of sealing replenished moisture.
All our Water Serums are free of:
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) - increases the potential of skin irritation and may disturb internal health
- SLES (Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate) - a known irritant, and its bioaccumulation is damaging to marine life
- Propylene Glycols - potential risk of irritation and allergic reaction in high doses
- TEA (Triethanolamine) - occasionally causes contact allergy and chemical damage to skin
- Parabens - when absorbed, metabolized, and excreted, could potentially lead to adverse health effects
- Silicon Derivatives - very chemically inert, and can take as long as hundreds of years for the earth to decompose; incidents of aggravating breakout has been reported from prolong use of products with high silicon derivatives
- PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) - a by-product of fossil fuel, a mild skin irritant; may pose an issue for those with liver problems as the liver may not be able to process PEG efficiently
- Mineral Oil - greasy texture that easily weights the skin down; may increase skin’s susceptibility to UV damage; confers no biological activity
- Petrolatum - derived from petroleum and may prevent penetration of other ingredients into the skin